This recipe is one of those I have jotted down on a scrap of paper, copied from a friend who had it from a friend… it never ever fails. (eta – I have since discovered this is actually an Annabel Karmel recipe from her book Complete Party Planner)
Fably muffin-recipe-easy, and the only way I can get Jolly to voluntarily eat ANY kind of carrot. And they are so moist too; they never need storage instructions because they simply don’t last long enough…
Time to Mix – 10 minutes
Time to Cook – 25 minutes
Oven to 180ºC/ GM 4
200g (8oz) plain flour (Half and Half with white and wholemeal is lovely)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
200ml/7fl oz vegetable (or rapeseed) oil
100g (4oz) caster sugar
125g (4fl oz) finely grated carrots
225g/8oz tinned crushed pineapple, semi drained (I often chop/mush up tinned pineapple chunks)
100g (4oz) raisins
- Sift ALL dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Oil, sugar and eggs in another large bowl and beat until blended.
- Add grated carrots, pineapple and raisins to the wet mix.
- Slowly add dry mix into the wet, stirring just enough to combine (don’t worry about lumps).
- Pour batter in to muffin cases and bake for 25 minutes (I find 20 in a fan oven is fine).