So – it has come to our attention that you, dear reader, like a delicious tipple or two.
In fact, you’re a bit of a lush, aren’t you?
It appears I should have been writing about cocktails ages ago – you can’t get enough of them!
And who am I to argue with you?
So 31Dover (who just happen to have an astonishing range of stupidly-tempting drinks, at the best prices, and they’ll appear on your doorstep the very next day) asked if I thought there might be something I could do with one of their speciality vodkas for Easter.
I’m just going to pause while you actually go and LOOK at their vodka range. Because you will NOT believe your eyes.
Marmalade Vodka, anyone? Or perhaps Rhubarb? Chilli? Or maybe Bison Grass is more your thing (and now that I’ve read about it, I think it might actually be my thing…)?
But I had to keep to plan. I was looking for an Easter drink. Something sweet and fresh – hopefully not too chocolatey, but with the essence of that rich creamy smoothness.
And of course I found one that works perfectly – V Gallery’s Toffee Fudge Vodka.
Ladies & Gentlemen, I give to you my
The sweetness of the Baileys is cut perfectly by the sharp gentleness of the vodka, and the round smooth aftertaste of the fudge is as unexpected as it is delicious.
What you need:
- Plain Chocolate
- Sea Salt
What You Do:
- Before you begin, gently melt a couple of chunks of plain chocolate, and roll the rim of your glass in it.
- Grind a sprinkling of sea salt around the chocolate before it sets – be sure to shake any salt from inside the glass!
- Fill your martini glass with ice.
- Mix the Baileys and the Vodka in a ratio of 2:1. I found 40ml Baileys and 20ml Vodka was enough for one martini glass filled with the ice.
- Pour the cocktail over the ice, and enjoy.
(If you went to the extra length of the – frankly amazing – salted chocolate rim, do be aware that it’s impossible to drink without giving yourself a charming chocolate smile.)
If you’d like the chance to win the ingredients to try out the Baileys Fudge Martini for yourself, head over to our competitions page and enter before the 8th April 2016 :)